River City Food Bank has served Sacramento County for 50 years, providing healthy emergency food and other services in the fight against hunger, believing that no one should be hungry.
RCFB is a $1.5 million organization poised for continued growth. We are headquartered in a building we own at 1800 28th Street, Sacramento; and this year we expanded into the Arden Arcade neighborhood at the St. Matthew’s Center, 2300 Edison Ave, Sacramento. Each year, we serve more than 110,000 people and distribute more than 1.8 million pounds of food thanks to the 27,000+ hours donated by volunteers and the dedication of 12 staff and an active Board of Directors. Our commitment to the dignity of people is exemplified in our compassionate volunteers and staff, and in the choice method of food distribution that we offer our guests.
The Executive Director will be ready to join with the Board to lead RCFB in pursuing its strategic goals and will possess the communication and management skills needed to inspire, motivate and empower others to meet River City Food Bank’s mission. The ideal candidate will have proven abilities in fundraising, program oversight, collaborative ventures and constituency building in addition to a solid background in financial and staff management. Working with individuals, foundations, corporations and public entities in raising significant funds is a key component of the position, along with serving as the chief spokesperson for the organization and communicating RCFB’s purpose and programs to the public.
- Experience supervising and managing people; able to delegate
- Ability to collaborate with Board, staff and volunteers; plan, organize and implement activities appropriate to the advancement of organizational goals
- Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, building teams
- Strategic thinking and business acumen
- Fundamentals of accounting with an ability to plan, monitor and evaluate budgets
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and networking ability; Outreach/community involvement
- Honesty, integrity, and a commitment to the mission of River City Food Bank
Education and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience + certifications that
demonstrate mastery of a given field of study
- At least five years of progressive executive experience within an organization of at least
- Preferred experience in nonprofit organizations, food industry management, with previous food banking experience and issues related to hunger a plus
- Knowledge of human service systems, public relations and marketing, fundraising for charitable causes, organizational planning and human resource management
- The Board of Directors has established a salary range and a competitive benefits package that reflects our commitment to excellence in leadership. It is our goal that the successful candidate be able to start work no later than 3/01/19. Actual start date prior to 3/01/19 is negotiable. Interested Applicants: Please submit a cover letter that explains how your interest and experience align with the leadership skills and attributes stated, a current resume, and three
RCFB Search Committee
c/o Kim Tucker, The Impact Foundry
2031 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Via email to:
Mailed and emailed submissions are welcome. Emailed submissions are encouraged. Please
save all documents to one PDF file and name your file to match this protocol:
LastName_FirstName. Submissions due by 11/30/18.