Accounting Coordinator (Part-time)
River City Food Bank (RCFB), a local non-profit is looking for a part-time Accounting Coordinator. This person will be responsible for coordinating donation process; including, data entry, gift acknowledgements and donor database management system (CRM) while supporting basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks for River City Food Bank (RCFB). Understands and implements the mission of RCFB and the goals established by RCFB’s Board of Directors, as directed by the Executive Director under the supervision of the Director of Fund Development.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process all donations (e.g., online gifts, checks, cash, automated clearing house (ACH) in donor database and create reports to reconcile with accounting software.
- Data entry into donor management software (CRM)
- Understand and correctly apply funding to specified programs, campaigns, grants or fundraising categories.
- Create reports in CRM to export into Excel spreadsheets for validation and alignment with reports from accounting software (QuickBooks).
- Acknowledge the receipt of all gifts in a timely manner, providing letters to the Fund Development Director for signature, or by electronic correspondence.
- Prepare bank deposit for funds received by check/cash, as directed by the Operations Administrator.
- Identify recurring donor lapses and communicate with Fund Development Director.
- Maintain accurate donor records in donor database, including updates as needed (e.g., email, address or phone numbers changes), consolidation or merging donors if needed.
- Monthly donation reconciliation as directed.
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Assist with management of incoming payments to manage receivables aging and timely payments, including monthly statements to vendors if needed.
- Assist with payables invoice submission to Bill.com
- Scan bills to Bill.com that are received via paper
- Submit electronic invoices to Bill.com
Credit Card Expense Management
- Ensure that monthly reports are updated and accurate for all company credit card holders.
- Reconcile monthly statements against credit card expense reports to ensure all receipts have been provide, and the reports are approved by the Executive Director.
- Research credit card management software for expenses, help to implement new system in lieu of using spreadsheets for expense management of company credit cards.
- Retrieve daily mail from post office box.
- Read messages from RCFB’s general email account, reply appropriately or distribute to appropriate personnel for follow-up.
- Retrieve RCFB voicemail and provide messages to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with additional administrative duties, as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years of office experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One-two years of office experience utilizing accounting software, accounts receivable/payables experience, and Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Previous data entry and accounting experience (knowledge of Donor Management Systems and QuickBooks preferred)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work with people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds, including colleagues within the organization and the population of people served
- Consistent application of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and tact
- Ability to meet deadlines and see projects through to completion
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and precise
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Self-starter who can work independently in a deadline-driven environment to see projects through to completion
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Commitment to and interest in River City Food Bank’s mission and core values of dignity, compassion, respect, health and nutrition.
Compensation, Hours & Benefits:
- Salary Range is $20-23 per hour.
- Part time, non-exempt position of 20 hours per week.
- River City Food Bank offers part-time Paid Time Off (PTO), and paid Holidays.
If you meet the qualifications described herein, please complete the application, submit your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references using the link provided:
About River City Food Bank
River City Food Bank’s (RCFB) mission is to alleviate hunger in Sacramento County by providing healthy, emergency food and other assistance, offering referrals and promoting self-sufficiency through a variety of support services.
RCFB helps people avoid a crisis and work toward self-reliance by providing a short-term food supply when they are unable to meet basic living expenses. Our programs serve low-income families, children, seniors, individuals who are medically fragile, refugees/asylum-seekers, individuals experiencing homelessness, the working poor and individuals with disabilities. RCFB serves all people experiencing food insecurity regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age and background in Sacramento County (no zip code restrictions). In 2020, RCFB served more than 2.7 million pounds of food to 230,976 people facing hunger, an overall 30% increase in service because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, visit www.rivercityfoodbank.org.
River City Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.