Bi-Lingual P-EBT Outreach Worker
(Temporary, Part-time 10-15 hours/week – September 2021 – January 2022)
Primary Goal and Duty: Responsible for helping River City Food Bank’s (RCFB) CalFresh Outreach Department to increase awareness of and provide information about Pandemic EBT 2.0 to the Russian speaking and Farsi speaking families in Sacramento County.
Understand and implement the mission of River City Food Bank (RCFB) and the goals established by RCFB’s Board of Directors, as directed by the Executive Director under the supervision of the CalFresh Outreach Director.
- Work collaboratively with CalFresh Outreach Director to plan and conduct P-EBT2.0 outreach activities
- Outreach to families at River City Food Bank’s Arden Arcade food distribution site informing them of the P-EBT program and how it works.
- Talk to families via work- provided cell phone about the Program
- Attend community events and fairs to promote and educate on P-EBT 2.0 program
- Maintain records of outreach contacts
- Document challenges and successes that families have with the program
- Distribute and track P-EBT 2.0 outreach materials
- Translate P-EBT materials into Russian or Farsi
- Assist with publicizing our services
- Assist CalFresh Director as needed
- Participate in trainings, state meetings and webinars
- Participate in weekly department meetings/check- ins
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be fluent in English and one of the following languages: Russian or Farsi / Dari (verbal and written)
- Bi-Lingual and Bi-Cultural
- Must provide acceptable documents regarding identity and employment authorization for Form I-9.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle for travel to outreach sites/events
- Respect, courtesy and professionalism while dealing with various perspectives, personalities, backgrounds and beliefs
- Dependable with strong work ethic
- Ability to work in loud, fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Timely, accurate and clear communications and reporting
- Professional demeanor when representing RCFB
- Available to work weekdays and Saturdays
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all client information and exercise sound judgement
- Commitment to RCFB’s mission and core values
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, good with people and a team-player
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Publisher, Canva or similar software preferred
- Ability to approach customers to discuss P-EBT
Compensation and Benefits
- DOE: Starting Wage of $16/hour
- Saturday – Sunday; 10-15 hours per week
- As a temporary role, this position will not be eligible to participate in the organization’s benefit programs except those required by law.
- Temporary position – September 2021 through approximately January 15, 2022 with the possibility of further employment.
For more information: www.rivercityfoodbank.org
River City Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer