Operations Assistant Job Description (Full Time)
Primary Goal and Duty: Responsible for assisting in all areas of River City Food Bank’s programs and operations. Understands and implements the mission of River City Food Bank (RCFB) and the goals established by RCFB’s Board of Directors, as directed by the Executive Director under the supervision of the Operations Director.
• Responsible for receiving food donations from Grocer’s Feed the Hungry (GFTH) partners, food drives, and other agencies as assigned.
• Responsible for safely unloading, sorting, and organizing food (and other) donations.
• Maintain excellent relationships with all partner agencies.
• Deliver items for food drives, including barrels, posters and other programs as required.
• Ensuring that all weights of incoming and outgoing donations and daily food distributions are accurately recorded.
• Submit all GFTH weight data and reports daily.
• Works with Operations Coordinator in maintaining clean and organized site.
• Assist with inventory maintenance and rotate stock in accordance with FIFO (First IN, First Out).
• Assist with TEFAP deliveries, ensure product is put away safely and efficiently in an organized manner.
• Be familiar and competent with all aspects of client services and provide coverage when necessary.
• Complete opening/closing checklists.
• Ensure food is handled and stored safely in compliance with USDA standards and best food handling practices.
• Work with other team members to identify and implement efficiencies to workflow and overall operations.
• Responsible for setting up and breaking down outdoor distribution.
• Provide support to all volunteers as needed.
• Assist Volunteer Coordinator with training volunteers and answering questions regarding duties and assignments.
• Notify Volunteer Coordinator of any volunteer needs.
• Provide volunteers with safe working environment and report any potential problems to Operations Coordinator.
• Provide assistance for all RCFB’s programs including travel, assembly, loading, unloading, and distribution.
• Oversee and support volunteers to ensure program bags/pallets are properly assembled.
• Maintain excellent communication and relationships with program contacts and volunteers.
• Notify Operations Director of any issues that may affect scheduled pick-up and drop-off times.
• Responsible for purchasing items/supplies for programs as needed.
• Provide daily reporting of statistical data to Operations Director.
• Participate in monthly staff meetings.
• Turn in all receipts in a timely manner.
• Make copies of guest resources, intake paperwork, volunteer agreements, Civil Rights forms, etc.
• Listen to voicemail messages, relay to the appropriate staff member, and return calls as needed.
• Ensure all daily paperwork is completed accurately and filed in the correct place.
• Maintain credit card log for any purchases.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Report vehicle needs and maintenance to Operations Director as soon as possible.
• Keep truck/van maintenance records, and ensure vehicle is always in proper working order.
• Maintain cleanliness of vehicle.
• Maintain driving logbook for mileage and fuel.
• Inspect truck/van daily and ensure safety is a priority before and during travel.
• Responsible for operating forklift, pallet jacks and hand trucks.
• Report any equipment malfunctions or needs to Operations Coordinator.
• Respect, courtesy, and professionalism while dealing with various personalities, backgrounds, and beliefs.
• Dependable and strong work ethic
• Maintain good work ethics and adherence to guidelines that have been established while leading others by example.
• Ensure that all communication and reporting is done timely, accurately, and professionally.
• Available to work weekdays and some weekends as needed.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all client information and exercise sound judgement.
• Commitment to RCFB’s mission and core values.
• This position requires a valid, Class C driver’s license without uninsurable offenses or tickets.
• Applicant must be able to lift 50+ pounds, stand, walk, push and pull. Position utilizes use of manual and electric pallet jack and forklift.
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary $15-17/hour, depending on experience
• Full-time benefits include:
o Health/dental insurance options available after 30 days
o Paid Time Off (PTO) including select paid holidays
o 401(k) participation, as outlined in plan documents
For more information: www.rivercityfoodbank.org