Many of the people who seek our help can usually pay their bills until something unexpected happens. Car expenses. Medical bills. Higher gas prices. Reduced hours at work. River City Food Bank helps the working poor as well as those on fixed incomes or facing serious illnesses.
CalFresh Outreach Department
CalFresh assistance is currently available during our distribution hours by appointment at both Midtown and Arden-Arcade locations:
Language services: English, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian
Midtown: Tuesday & Thursday from 10:30am- 1:30pm
Arden-Arcade: Wednesday & Friday from 10:30am- 1:30pm
Updates to CalFresh Benefits
Sacramento County is moving to CalSAWS, a new public assistance case management system:
This change brings the following:
- BenefitsCal.com is a new website that replaces MyBenefitsCalWIN (MyBCW).
- BenefitsCal allows customers to apply for benefits, report changes, upload documents, and sign up for email/text alerts.
- Starting on 10/30/2023, call the new 1-800-560-0976 number for immediate help over the phone!
Find a Local Farmers Market: Use your EBT card to purchase fresh, seasonal produce at local Farmers Markets. Click here to view the list of current farmers markets and receive an extra $10 – $60 to spend on fresh vegetables and fruit!
Purchasing hot meals with your EBT: Seniors age 60+, individuals with disability income or those experiencing homelessness are eligible to use their EBT cards to purchase hot, prepared food at these local restaurants.
- CalFresh benefits are FREE but you must apply to get them. There are millions of Californians who qualify but have not applied.
- People who qualify for CalFresh receive benefits on a plastic debit-like card called the Golden State Advantage, it’s also known as EBT card.
- It doesn’t matter if you own a car, house, or have money in the bank. You may still qualify for CalFresh.
River City Food Bank works in partnership with Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance, Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services, and Community Link Capital Region. to promote CalFresh awareness in Sacramento County. Together, we are working to end food insecurity in our community.
River City Food Bank is a proud CalFresh Outreach subcontractor for the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB)
Sign up for email newsletter.