emergency food distribution
River City Food Bank’s Emergency Food Distribution has 2 locations: Midtown and Arden-Arcade. These sites are open five days a week to provide healthy, nutritious food to anyone in experiencing food insecurity in Sacramento County. RCFB utilizes a Choice Food Model where each guest can select the items that best meet their needs. All are welcome.
- CLOSED MEMORIAL WEEKEND -
SATURDAY, MAY 28 AND MONDAY, MAY 30
1800 28th St. Sacramento, CA 95816
Food Distribution Hours:
Tuesday: 10:30am – 1:30pm
Wednesday: 10:30am – 1:30pm
Thursday: 10:30am – 1:30pm
The Center at St. Matthew’s
2300 Edison Ave Sacramento, CA 95821
Food Distribution Hours:
Friday: 10:30am – 1:30pm
Saturday: 10:30am – 1:30pm
Frequently Asked Questions
At River City Food Bank (RCFB), all people are welcome! We do not require proof of income or ID to receive food.
During the intake process, you will be asked some questions for information purposes, but you do not have to provide it to receive food. We suggest bringing the following items:
- Your own cart or bags to carry groceries
- ID is helpful, but not required
RCFB strives to provide an assortment of healthy food options, which will depend on the season and availability. During distribution, you will be offered:
- Dried goods (e.g. pasta, beans, rice, etc.)
- Canned goods (e.g. canned fruit, canned vegetables, soup, tomato sauce, etc.
- Fruits & Vegetables (e.g. apples, oranges, bananas, etc.)
- Dairy (e.g. milk, yogurt, cheese, eggs, etc.)
- Protein (e.g. chicken, pork, beef, peanut butter, tuna, etc.)
- Bread/whole grains (e.g. sliced bread, English muffins, tortillas, etc.)
RCFB also has a “non-cook” table which offers ready to eat food for any guest without access to a kitchen.
If you have any special diet needs (e.g. halal, vegetarian, and vegan), please ask a staff member or volunteer to see what options are available.
Parking is street only (2 hour). Please do not park in the Church parking lot as it is paid permit only and you will be towed.
Parking is available in the lots at The Center at St. Matthew’s during our hours of operation. Street parking is also available.
Yes, we can provide the following items when available, upon request:
- Baby food/formula
- Baby Diapers/wipes
- Adult diapers
- Pet food (cat & dog)
- Hygiene Items (e.g. shampoo, soap, deodorant, feminine products, toothpaste and tooth brushes)
You can request these items from a volunteer or staff member when you go through the distribution line.
If you are in line, you will receive food. Although the line may look long, it will go quickly once distribution begins at 10:30am. On average, RCFB serves 70 people an hour.
Sign up for email newsletter.