Empty Bowls, to be held March 5 and 6, is River City Food Bank’s biggest fundraiser, and this year it’s going to be bigger and better than ever. The event has experienced so much growth in the past few years that this year’s event will be held at the Sacramento Convention Center. Our goal is to raise $125,000 to provide emergency 3-day food supplies to the increasing numbers of families and seniors who need help getting by.
Supper: Monday, March 5, 5:30-7:30 p.m., $60 per person
Luncheon: Tuesday, March 6, 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. seatings, $30 per person
Sacramento Convention Center
1400 J Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Tickets are now on sale online as well as two retail locations: The Cathedral Bookshop at 2620 Capitol Avenue, and the Avid Reader at the Tower, 1600 Broadway.
Your ticket includes
- A beautiful handmade bowl of your own choosing, a reminder of the many empty bowls in our community
- Delicious soup supper or luncheon featuring soups created by Sacramento’s best chefs as well as dessert
- At the soup supper, wine and hors d’oeuvres in addition to gourmet soups
- A contribution to a great cause and the knowledge that you made a difference
- New this year
- Our event’s new location at the Sacramento Convention Centers provides more room for you to sit with friends, peruse the handmade bowls, choose your gourmet soup, and shop the Potters’ Market.
- We’re excited that Classique Catering is sponsoring the evening supper and will provide delicious appetizers, soups and deserts.
- How you can help
- Besides buying a ticket and attending, please share information about the event with friends and colleagues. Most people hear about Empty Bowls from someone they know. Please spread the word via email or share with your social networks!
To learn more about this event, or how to become a valued sponsor, check out our event page!